Since 2006, we have been engaged in rehabilitation efforts with inmates and ex-inmates in Fiji. We have partnered with some of the most exciting changes within prison rehabilitation.
Operation Foundation is a Christian restorative organisation bringing renewal and transformation in the lives of prisoners and their communities in Fiji.
- February 2006 - Peter Schultz receives approval from the Fiji Prison Service to begin in Nasinu Prison.
- June 2006 - Peter begins taking released inmates home and engages the inmate and family in the traditional Fijian reconciliation ceremony.
- September 2009 - StepOut-StepFree begins with ten inmates as a pilot program in Nasinu Correctional Centre.
- March 2011 - Rehabilitation activity commences with women inmates.
- March 2012 - Nadi Floods cause massive loss to homes and crops. Operation Foundation becomes a primary responder.
- April 2012 - Operation Foundation receives its registration as a charitable organisation in Fiji.
- June 2013 - Activity expands to 7 prisons.
- September 2013 - First pilot rehabilitation program for sex-offenders.
- June 2015 - The team holds their first team-retreat.
- February 2016 - RESTORE begins in the Women's Correctional Centre with 13 inmates serving life sentences.
- February 2016 - TC Winston devastates Fiji causing death and destruction. Operation Foundation became part of the immediate relief activity.
- October 2016 - 15 houses rebuilt in Naboutolu village in partnership with Tekivu Tale.
- May 2017 - Commencement of rehabilitation activity in Labasa Correctional Centre.